Page load depends on your network speed. Thank you for your patience. You may also report the error.
Bala Bodha Sangraha - 3
A non-detailed Text Book for Vedic Students
Third part of a three-part series of text books for vedic students compiled with blessings and under instructions and guidance of Paramahamsa Parivrajakacharya Jagadguru Sri Sri Sri Jayendra Saraswathi Sri Sankaracharya Swamiji 69th Peethadhipathi and Paramahamsa Parivrajakacharya Jagadguru Sri Sri Sri Sankara Vijayendra Saraswathi Sri Sankaracharya Swamiji 70th Peethadhipathi of Moolamnaya Sri Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham fffered with devotion and humility by Sri Atma Bodha Tirtha Swamiji (Sri Kumbakonam Swamiji) Disciple of Pujyasri Kuvalayananda Tirtha Swamiji (Sri Tambudu Swamiji) Translation from Tamil by P.R.Kannan, Navi Mumbai.
We dedicate this book ‘AGNI UPASANA’ with devotion, faith and humility at the divine lotus feet of
All Acharya Swamijis decorating the Moolamnaya Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham continuously from Sri Adi Sankara Bhagavatpadacharya
who pours the divine shower of compassion on all of us
even today in form unseen and particularly
Paramahamsa Parivrajakacharya Jagadguru
Sri Sri Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswathi Swamigal
68th Sankaracharya of Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham
the Great Gnani who penanced for 100 years and
showed the path of virtue to all people.
Further we dedicate this book in the Sathabhisheka Varshika Mahotsavam of Sri Sri Sri Jayendra Saraswathi Swamigal 69th Sankaracharya of Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham who incarnated solely to remove our darkness.
The book has been prepared under instructions of Sri Sri Sri Sankara Vijayendra Saraswathi Swamigal 70th Sankaracharya of Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham.
Published by Jagadguru Sri Sankaracharya Swamigal Moolamnaya Sri Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham Kanchipuram
Table of Contents:
- Teachings of Sri Kanchi Mahaswamigal
- Description of Bharata Desa in Agni Puranam
- Greatness of Bharata Desa – Foreign Scholars
- The emotional connect between Agnihotri and Agni Bhagavan - Nerur Vidvan Nityagnihotri Sri Ramana Sarma
- Verses of Meditation and Prayer to Agni
- Some Rigveda Agni Sukta Mantras
- Greatness of Human birth and Brahmanas’ importance and duty – Ancient Tamil and Samskrit Works
- Poems in Sangakala Literature on Veda, Brahmanas and ‘Three Agnis’
- Greatness of Grihasthasrama
i) Ancient Literature
ii) Deepa Worship is also Agni Upasana
- Agni Upasana in Festivals
- Greatness of Agni Upasana in Upanishads
ii) Chandogya Upanishad
- Greatness of Agnihotram
- Greatness of Agni in Itihasas and Puranas
- Agni Upasana in Grihya Prayogas
- Traditional Vedic Agni Upasana in Kashmir – Sri Laugakshi Grihya Prayoga
- Agni Upasana all over the world
- Antyeshti – Purusha Ahuti to Agni Bhagavan
- Gnanagni – Splendour of Great people who perform Gnanayagna
- Some Special Notes on Agni Upasana
- ‘Santhi Vilasam’ by Sri Nilakantha Dikshitar (Yatiswara)
- Rigveda Agni Ashtottara Satanamavali